Asana is one of the hottest new project management software applications for teams. The all web-based application includes management of tasks, projects, conversations and includes dashboards, all enabling project teams all the tools needed successfully start, manage and finish both simple and complex projects. Asana seems to nicely integrate projects, with your desired project workflow, project goals, and project team communication.
Here are Asana’s key features:
TASK AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT TASKS – create tasks for yourself or assign one to a project team member.
- PROJECTS – group tasks into shared projects, initiatives and/or programs.
PROJECT TASK DUE DATES AND TIMES
- Tasks due dates to help team members complete work on time.
- Add files from your computer, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive to any task or Conversation.
- TASK CONVERSATIONS – Comment directly on a task, to clarify exactly what needs to be done.
- PROJECT CONVERSATIONS – Discuss a project’s progress to keep the momentum going.
- TEAM PAGES – Have Conversations and see all of a team’s projects in one place.
- MY TASKS – Plan your day with a prioritized to-do list.
- INBOX – Get automatic updates about just the tasks that matter to you.
- DASHBOARDS – Check progress on all the projects you care about in one customizable view.
- CALENDARS – See any list of tasks on a Calendar to get a clear view of when work is due.
PROJECT AND TASK FILES
- Find the files you need quickly or see a gallery view of any project’s attachments.
- TASK ASSIGNEES – Give tasks a clear owner, so everyone knows who’s responsible.
- FOLLOWERS Only get updates for the work you care about by following (or unfollowing) tasks and projects.
- GUESTS – Collaborate with vendors, contractors, and partners in Asana.
- DROPBOX – Attach Dropbox files directly to tasks with a built in file chooser.
- SLACK – Post updates to a Slack channel when there are changes in your Asana workspace.
- CHROME – Quickly and easily add tasks to Asana from any web page in Chrome.
- OKTA – Eliminate passwords and access Asana using your existing corporate credentials.
- GITHUB – Link Github commits to tasks so your team can stay on top of recent code changes.
- GOOGLE DRIVE – The Google Drive file chooser is built into Asana so you can easily attach files.